CALL FOR A CHAT ABOUT CUSTOMISATION
The ESS provides ultimate ergonomics and features!
The MDT ESS chassis is designed with its own buttstock for perfect ergonomics and comes with the MDT Pistol Grip (but is compatible with most AR15 style grips), and allows for customization with a wide variety of accessories.
The ESS Chassis System includes chassis, buttstock, 15" forend and MDT Pistol Grip.
The ESS retains our proven V-block bedding system to form a solid and reliable base for the rifle action. The magazine well has been refined for easy insertion of the magazine, while reducing rattle and movement. The tab style magazine release has been replaced with a semi-flush ambidextrous paddle that can easily be activated by a weak or strong hand. The recoil lug mortise has been designed to accommodate most aftermarket recoil lugs, and the trigger area will accommodate most aftermarket triggers.
A serrated barricade stop has been added to the front of the magazine well, and a polymer forend grip at the balance point adds comfort. The wide fore-grip area combined with the octagonal profiled forend tube offers flexible options when shooting over bags or improvised rests.
Thumb shelves have been added to both sides of the chassis for shooters who prefer an open grip.
The most significant change is the incorporation of the ESS chassis specific buttstock interface, rather than the traditional AR pattern interface. This allows us to place the pistol grip in optimum relation to the trigger, while still allowing the shooter to choose from the wide variety of AR pattern pistol grips which suit their preference.
The MDT ESS chassis comes with its own butt-stock, similar to our Skeleton Rifle Stock. It is fully adjustable including lateral adjustment for the butt-pad and the cheek rest. Cheek rest height and butt-pad length-of-pull are adjustable by thumb wheels.
- Weight: Chassis system including forend and buttstock is between 4.4 to 4.8lbs (depending on action)
- Length of Pull: 13.4" - 14.4" (Based on Remington 700)
- Ambidextrous, easy reach magazine latch – can be operated with trigger finger or left hand
- The extra large magazine well for easy mag insertion/removal
- Barricade stop in front of the magazine to prevent putting pressure on the magazine
- Angled front profile with hand grip for minute vertical adjustments and comfort/protection from the elements
- Thumb rests on both sides of the chassis
- Wide front profile for extra comfort/stability when resting on flat surfaces
- Stock height at comb and heel – 0.5” below bore centerline. 1.0” of riser adjustability
- Allows for barrel contours up to 1.300” straight taper. (Note that at larger barrel diameters there is less space in the forend to accommodate internal attachments such as QD cups, M-lok, and sling swivels)
- Accepts AICS pattern magazines for both short and long action. (3.715” long action)
- Accepts aftermarket lugs up to 0.375 thick and tapered
- Includes the MDT Pistol Grip, but is compatible with all non-beavertail AR pattern pistol grips. Beavertail grips will fit with minor trimming
- CNC machined from Aircraft grade Aluminum and finished with H-series Cerakote. Cheek-piece, fore-grip, and butt-pad constructed of composites
- Remington 700 Short Action
- Remington 700 Long Action
- Savage Short Action, Models 10,11,12 and 16
- Savage Long Action, Models 110, 111, 112 and 116
- Savage Long Action CIP .338 Lapua Magnum - Requires MDT 3.85" Magazines
- Savage Axis - Short Action
- Savage Axis - Long Action - Requires MDT 3.560" Magazines
- Tikka T3 Short Calibers
- Tikka T3 Long Calibers - Requires MDT 3.56 Magazine
- Howa 1500 / Weatherby Vanguard - Short Caliber - Only works with MDT Polymer Magazines - No V-block due to the flat bottom action
- Howa 1500 / Weatherby Vanguard - Long Calibers - No V-block due to the flat bottom action
- Browning X-bolt Short Calibers - Only works for 308 Winchester, 6.5 Creedmoor, 243 Winchester
- Stiller Tac .338
- Ruger American Short Action
- Winchester XPR Short Action
- Winchester Model 70 SA
- Lithgow 102 SA
- Bergara B-14
- Daniel Defense Delta 5 Short Action
- Full size bolt, Remington 700 Clones may be supported, contact Customer Support for more information about your action
WHAT YOU GET, AND WHAT YOU'LL NEED
The ESS Chassis System comes complete with a chassis, buttstock, forend, and the MDT Pistol Grip. All hardware is included. You will need Allen keys to assemble and install on your rifle.
In addition to the ESS Chassis System, you will need:
- An AICS pattern magazine appropriate for the rifle chambering
LITHGOW 102 SA
For .223 models the bolt stop may be too long. This can easily be modified by removing the bolt stop and trimming the contact face.
WINCHESTER MODEL 70 SA
The ESS Chassis for Winchester Model 70 has been designed to accommodate all Winchester short action 308 and 243 actions made after 1984, as well as all FN-H branded receivers (such as the SPR and TSR). The easiest way to tell if your Winchester Model 70 was produced after 1984 is that the action screw spacing will be approximately 7-1/8”. Prior to 1984 Winchester made 308, 243 etc on long action receivers, which will be too long to fit into the ESS chassis.
223-based calibers will not feed reliably, and WSM calibers will need feed lip adjustment for reliable feeding. WSSM calibers will not work.
The chassis will fit MOA, Winchester and Timney triggers.
The chassis will have to be used with MDT 308 metal magazines, which have specifically been designed with a narrower interface at the top near the front of the magazine to fit into the Winchester Model 70 action. MDT and Magpul polymer magazines will work, but require some material to be trimmed from the feedlips and front corners of the magazine.
Some of the CRF guns will need the ejector fitted to clear the magazine, or the magazine notched.
Some guns will have the anti-bind lug drag on the right-hand magazine feed lip.
There are two scope rail screw spacings. Pre-2006 they are all the same. 2006 to ~2009 the standard caliber stayed the same, and the WSM had a longer spacing. After production was moved to Portugal they all switched to the WSM spacing. The rails MDT is making are the WSM spacing.